|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||St Andrew's Church, Blo Norton|
This 13th century church originally shared a churchyard with St Margaret's church (NHER 10920). It is mainly in Decorated style. It was updated in the early 15th century when the tower was heightened. The wooden porch dates to the 16th century and has since been restored. The church was restored in 1876 after falling into decay earlier in the 18th century.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 0122 7970|
|Parish:||BLO NORTON, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Tower repaired 1986. See (S1).
E. Rose, (NLA).
This 13th century church originally shared a churchyard with St Margaret's church (NHER 10920). It was restored in 1876 and is mainly in Decorated style.
M. Dennis (NLA), 2nd August 2005.
Church of around 1300, with tower, nave and chancel, updated in the early 15th century when tower was heightened. Wooden porch probably 16th century, since reconstructed. In decay in 18th century when brass inscriptions were lost; restored 1876 to 1879 with important new east window arrangement and glass.
(S3) in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 13 February 2006.
- CHURCH (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Bryant, T. H. 1901. Hundred of Guiltcross. The Churches of Norfolk. Vol VIII. pp 12-19. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Photograph: Rose, E. (NLA). 2006. LQS. 26-28. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 209. |
|---||Leaflet: St Andrews Church, Blo Norton.. Norfolk Churches Trust. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 1986. Tower saved. 3 December. |
|<S3>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 2006. Building Report.. Building Report. |
Related records - none
Find out more...