|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Prehistoric pot boilers and Iron Age pottery sherds|
In 1963 a number of Iron Age hearths and pottery fragments were found here. It is also recorded that a prehistoric pot boiler scatter was noted at this location.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 8487 8708|
|Parish:||THETFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
West of Manor Works.
Hearths here found by Russell - pottery sherds found by R. R. Clarke (NCM).
R.R. Clarke (NCM).
Also prehistoric pot boilers.
E. Rose (NAU).
- BURNT MOUND (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- HEARTH (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT BOILER (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TL 88 NW 30. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Iron Age. Thetford St Peter. |
Related records - none
Find out more...