|Type of record:||Find Spot|
A Beaker flint scraper, found by fieldwalking, and a Bronze Age spear, a Roman coin and a post medieval jetton have been found by metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 17 19|
|Parish:||FELTHORPE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
April 1984. Found in fieldwalking.
Flint 'button' scraper on cortical flake.
Identified by J. J. Wymer (NAU) 24 May and F. Healy (NAU) 27 April 1984.
W. F. Milligan (NCM) 30 April 1984.
November 1997. Metal detecting.
Late Bronze Age spearhead, (S1).
Early Post medieval jetton.
January 1998. Metal detecting.
1 Roman coin.
See sheets in file.
K. Sussams (NLA) 20 May 1999.
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SPEAR (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- SPEAR (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- JETTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Holness, A.. 1997. Drawing of a Late Bronze Age spearhead.. Paper. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...