|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Boundary bank in Lynford Park|
An east to west aligned bank or scarp, up to 10m wide and up to 0.8m tall. During the late 19th century this feature defined a boundary within Lynford Park (NHER 30470). A number of veteran trees and sections of possible parkland fencing survive on its line.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 8225 9343|
|Parish:||LYNFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
April 2013 and January 2014. Rapid Identification Survey. HA 55.
An east to west aligned bank or scarp, up to 10m wide and up to 0.8m tall. Two sections were identified/survive. The eastern section measures about 310m long; the western section is 30m long.
A number of veteran trees stand on the feature. A few surviving sections of possible parkland fencing (metal posts and wire) follow its line.
This feature defined a boundary within Lynford Park (NHER 30470) and is shown on (S1). It does not appear to be shown on (S2). One of the veteran trees is probably illustrated on (S2).
D. Robertson (HES), 10 July 2015.
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BOUNDARY BANK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1883. Ordnance Survey 6 inch map. |
|<S2>||Map: Fairbrother, Clark and Lye. 1856. Sale Particulars of Lynford Hall Estate. |
|30470||Part of: Lynford Hall Park (Monument)|