|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Stable ranges to north of Shadwell Court|
This stable range of one to one and a half storeys dates from 1856 and forms part of Shadwell Court (NHER 6090).
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 9283 8314|
|Parish:||BRETTENHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Previously recorded under NHER 6090.
13 May 1994. NLA air photography.
Photos showing great house and service buildings built around courtyard.
Cropmarks of garden features are clearly visible.
S. Massey, (NLA) 6 February 2001.
March 1983. Listed, Grade II.
1856-60. Stylistically disparate. North entrance archway has shaped gable with oriel window on inner face, stepped gable on outer face with full height circular corner stair turret topped with spirelet. Triangular oriel and punched cusped soundels with carving. Stables of one to one and a half storeys. Loose boxes approached through tall gabled entrances in west range with pointed segmental arch. Particularly fine carved horse hoad in naturalistic foliage border fills arched niche in subsidiary gable.
Information from (S1).
A. Cattermole (HES), 14 June 2011.
- STABLE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1856 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TL9283 D-G, J, K. |
|---||Aerial Photograph: TL 9283 M-U. |
|---||Illustration: Various. Various. Architectural plans. |
|---||Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.A. (NLA). 1996. TL 9283V-AA; TL 9282A. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1076903. |
|6090||Part of: Shadwell Court (Building)|