|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||24 The Close|
A two storey stuccoed brick house of about 1840, with a central front door and shutters on the ground floor windows. Listed Grade II.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2384 0875|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
No 24 The Close.
1972. Listed Grade II.
"House. Circa 1840: Stuccoed with slate roof. Two storeys. Three wide bays. Central door with flat pilasters and wide architrave having central guttae bands and flat hood. Sash windows throughout in simple reveal with glazing bars apart from ground floor right-hand window. Shutters on ground floor windows. Paired modillion cornice."
Information from (S1).
Please consult the National Heritage List for England (S1) for the current listing details.
Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 16 October 2017. Amended by A. Beckham (HES), 8 November 2019.
See copy of floor plans in file (from A. Carter archive).
P. Watkins (HES), 16 October 2017.
- HOUSE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1840 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 229. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1280256. |
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...