|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Thatched Cottages, Low Road|
A 16th and 17th century thatched house, now divided into two. Its roof was destroyed by fire in 2005.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 39635 28096|
|Parish:||HEMPSTEAD WITH ECCLES, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|LESSINGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Long building, in two ownerships. Location shown on (S1) as on edge of common marshes, actual house not shown but this is irrelevant for this map. Building seen only from distance after roof destroyed by fire. Northern two-thirds of post-medieval but pre-modern bricks, with parapet north gable. Southern third painted over but apparently flint with brick details. Two regularly-spaced stacks, one at division of the two builds.
Impression given is that of a 16th/17th century house of two builds, but requires detailed inspection.
E. Rose (NLA), 25 October 2005.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
Related records - none
Find out more...