Record Details

NHER Number:41207
Type of record:Building
Name:Rectory coach house and stables


A late 18th century red brick coach house and stables that served the now demolished rectory (NHER 12342). The centre of the north façade projects slightly and has a large arched entrance with double doors and a loft door. To each side of this is a single storey block with windows and stable doors. The building has now been converted to residential use.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 02103 02149
Map Sheet:TG00SW

Full description

January 1977. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description excerpt:
"Stables. Late 18th century. Red brick with low pitched hipped roof with black glazed pantiles. Brick dentil eaves cornice. Centre projects slightly with low pitched gable and large elliptical arched recess with brick impost and keyblock containing double doors and loft door above. To each side, one storey, two windows, stable doors and windows with glazing bars."
Information from (S1).
Please consult the National Heritage List for England (S1) for the current listing details.
See also (S2) and (S3) in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 26 February 2005.Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 20 February 2022.

Monument Types

  • COACH HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • STABLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Secondary File: Secondary File.
<S1>Designation: Historic England. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1050447.
<S2>Photograph: Unknown. 2000. [unknown].
<S3>Drawing: Various. Various. Architectural plans.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service