|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman brooch, post medieval objects|
Metal detecting in 2002 to 2003 recovered a Roman brooch and a small number of post medieval objects.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23 02|
|Parish:||STOKE HOLY CROSS, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
July-August 2002. Metal detecting.
No finds apart from one 19th/20th century and:
Post medieval copper alloy rumbler or 'crotal' bell, gardrooned decoration, contains iron 'pea'.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 10 September 2002.
2002 - 2003. Metal detecting.
One Roman and one post medieval metal object.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 4 February 2004.
November 2018-January 2019. Metal-detecting. Site extended to the whole field. .
NMD012019 - PAS details to follow.
A. Beckham (HES), 28 January 2019.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BELL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- CROTAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WEIGHT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...