|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||37 and 38 The Close|
A two storey house, now divided into two houses, with a date plaque of 1633. The ground floor is of flint with brick set in a diaper pattern, the first floor rendered.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23687 08863|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
June 1972. Listed, Grade II.
Former house now divided into two houses. 1633 on plaque. Brick plinth. Flint and brick diaper pattern ground floor. Rendered first floor. Pantile roof. Two storeys. Scattered fenestration. Door to right-hand side of 17th century block with reeded surround and flat hood.
Information from (S1).
- HOUSE (17th Century to 21st Century - 1633 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 229. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1372784. |
|Mon 250||Parent of: 37 and 38 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 403||Parent of: 37 and 38 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 1898||Parent of: 37 The Close (Monument)|
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...