|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||36 The Close|
A 17th century and later two storey house, the ground floor of painted flint, brick and stone rubble, the first floor painted brick. It has a pantile roof and a rebuilt red brick chimney stack to the left.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23680 08858|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
June 1972. Listed, Grade II*.
House, probably 17th century and later. Painted flint, brick and stone rubble on ground floor; painted brick above. Hipped pantile roof; one red brick chimney stack (rebuilt) to left. Two storeys; one window gable-fronted range of sashes with glazing bars and horns. Ground floor window has cambered brick arch. Entered from the right side through panelled (part glazed) door in simple reeded door case.
Information from (S1).
- HOUSE (16th Century to 21st Century - 1600 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 229. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1051304. |
|Mon 249||Parent of: 36 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 402||Parent of: 36 The Close (Monument)|
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...