|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||16 The Close|
A two storey L-shaped flint, brick and stone house of about 1850, with re-used earlier details and partly resting on medieval walls.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23669 08751|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
House of about 1850 with re-used earlier details. Flint and ashlar. Brick. Pantile toof. L-shape plan. West elevation: two storeys. Four widely spaced windows at first floor. Left-hand off-centre door with fanlight, flat pilasters and simple Ionic hood. Sash windows throughout with glazing bars, segmental arches and brick rusticated surrounds. One 20th century casement at first floor level.
Information from (S1).
1981. Norwich Survey.
17th century building partly on medieval walls.
T.E. Miller (NLA), 7 July 2004.
- WALL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 229. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. |
|<S2>||Unpublished Document: Carter, A.. Building Survey. |
|Mon 1301||Parent of: 16 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 1934||Parent of: 16 The Close (Monument)|
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...