|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal detecting between 1989 and 2001 recovered a Roman coin, an Early Saxon brooch, a post medieval harness mount and a post medieval love token.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 95 27|
|Parish:||RYBURGH, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1989. Metal detecting. Northwest of Great Ryburgh village.
Post medieval bronze harness mount.
Love token, marked ANN COOK 1717.
Victorian bronze? Brooch or belt fitting.
Bronze ring made from perhaps a penny, but probably not. (S1) NCM.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM).
W. Milligan (NCM), 23 October 1989.
Before 11 April 2001. Metal detecting.
Early Saxon brooch.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 19 February 2002.
- FINDSPOT (Roman to 19th Century - 43 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BROOCH (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- BROOCH (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HARNESS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- RING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TOKEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
Related records - none
Find out more...