|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint flakes and pot boilers, Borrow Pit|
In 1988 a prehistoric pot boiler site was discovered at this location. A couple of flint flakes and several burnt flints were also recorded.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 8521 8364|
|Parish:||THETFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
10 June 1988. North end of pit under peaty alluvium.
Pot boiler site.
Two flint flakes and burnt flint.
Information from J. Wymer (NAU).
A. Rogerson (NAU), October 1988.
- BURNT MOUND (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- BURNT FLINT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT BOILER (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...