|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Church Farmhouse, The Street|
This former rectory was built between 1801 and 1803 by Samuel Wyatt for the Early of Leicester. The yellow brick building has two storeys and three bays, and a pedimented central porch with a pair of Tuscan Doric columns. The park around the house contains the churchyard, and the garden walls, gates and gate piers date to around 1800.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9427 4175|
|Parish:||WARHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
May 1984. Listed, Grade II.
See (S1) for the complete listing details.
March 1988. Site visit.
Former rectory. 1801 to 1803 by Samuel Wyatt. Yellow brick, two storeys, three bays. String course between floors, cornice. Projecting porch on Roman Doric columns and pilasters (against house). Windows to each side on ground floor set in large rounded blank arches. Hipped roof, two stacks rise from rear outshut.
Information from (S1) and (S2).
E. Rose (NAU), 17 March 1988.
The park includes the churchyard and the wall is described with the church, see site NHER 1853.
- (Former Type) VICARAGE (19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- HOUSE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1801 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
- Listed Building
- Listed Building
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 707. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1373657. |
|<S2>||Publication: Robinson, J.M.. 1979. The Wyatt Family, An Architectural Dynasty. 257. |
|1853||Part of: St Mary Magdalen's Church, Warham (Building)|
|MNO8731||Related to: Garden Walls, Gates and Gate Piers at Church Farm The Street WARHAM (Revoked)|
Find out more...