|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds scatter|
A Roman coin, as well as Saxon, medieval and post medieval metalwork, found by metal detecting, and part of a larger scatter close to the site of a possible Roman villa, see NHER 31571.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||Not displayed|
|Parish:||BINHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
November 1987. Found with mmetal detecting.
Sceatta, type R2 local variant?
See identification in file by Dr. Metcaff (Ashmolean Museum).
W. Milligan, (NCM) 17 November 1987.
November 1987. Metal detecting.
Medieval bronze buckle.
Post medieval lead cloth seal.
Identified S. Margeson, (NCM)
W. Milligan (NCM) 17 November 1987.
1988. Found with metal detecting.
Early medieval bronze casket key 11th to 12th century, single ward and oval bow.
Identified S. Margeson (NCM)
W. Milligan, (NCM) 21 November 1988.
Part of large scatter .
December 2003 to January 2004. Metal detecting.
1 Roman, 1 medieval and 1 post medieval coins.
Medieval, post medieval and undatable metal objects.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 7 February 2004.
January/February 2004. Metal detecting.
Medieval/Post medieval weight.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 8 March 2004.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- RING (Unknown date)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- DIVIDERS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS PENDANT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- KEY (LOCKING) (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- WEIGHT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- DIVIDERS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SEAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Publication: LMMC. Type I. Pl XXLX No 3. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|31571||Part of: Site of possible Roman villa (Monument)|
Find out more...