|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Arch, Narford Park|
An arch is marked at this location on Faden's map of 1797. The arch is now hidden within Eyetrap Plantation.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 772 124|
|Parish:||NARFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
'Arch' marked on (S1)
Presumably part of the original grounds of hall before landscaping.
E. Rose (NAU), 1 June 1979.
(S2) states that in fact the arch still remains, further south, hidden in Eyetrap Plantation.
See NHER 30473 for its history.
E. Rose (NLA), 10 October 2000.
(S3) has obelisk.
E. Rose (NLA), November 2001.
The obelisk is not shown in this location on (S3). Instead, it is shown at NHER 4012.
D. Robertson (NLA), 23 December 2008.
- ARCH (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- OBELISK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
|<S2>||Monograph: Williamson, T.. 1998. Archaeology of the Landscape Park: Garden Design in Norfolk, England, c. 1680-1840.. BAR (British Series). Vol 268. p 266. |
|<S3>||Map: Bryant, A.. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk. |
|30473||Part of: Narford Park (Monument)|
Find out more...