Record Details

NHER Number:14140
Type of record:Monument
Name:Barn north of The Grange


A long thatched brick and flint barn with an eroded date plaque that seems to read 1714.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 3117 3614
Map Sheet:TG33NW

Full description

October 1978. Visit.
Long, thatched barn, flint walls with brick quoins.
West gable has three slits in a window blocked with brick, and an original slit window above.
Much eroded plaque seems to read 1714.
Penthouse cartsheds on north.
Restored some time around 1900.
E. Rose (NAU), 18 October 1978.

Monument Types

  • BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
---Unpublished Document: Yardley, C. J. 2011. The Mun Valley: Historic landscape Assessment and Landscape Character Assessment for Norfolk Coast Project. p 17.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service