|Type of record:||Building|
An early 19th century house, with later alterations. The Hall was used as a Red Cross hospital during both World Wars.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1656 1843|
|Parish:||FELTHORPE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
Built soon after 1825 and altered 1935.
Used as a Red Cross Hospital in both World Wars.
(S1) states; Gault brick with slate roof. Original L plan of 2 storeys, east wing with entrance, south wing with apsidal end. Later additions to north and northwest. 3 storey tower between 2 northern wings. East entrance between original east wing, 3 bays and later north wing, 4 bays. Single storey porch. Assymetrical south façade with double parapetted bow windows at south end, with French doors. Sash windows generally. Hipped roofs.
E. Rose (NAU) 29 November 1984.
See (S2) in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 19 March 2005.
- GREAT HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HOSPITAL (World War One to World War Two - 1914 AD to 1945 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. pp 467-468. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. |
|<S2>||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2005. Gracious living. 18 March. |
|45953||Parent of: Felthorpe Hall Lodge (Building)|
Find out more...