|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||West Lexham Farmhouse|
This gault brick farmhouse was built around 1800 and has a brick and flint service wing. The building has two storeys and a three bay main facade of sash windows.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 84378 17072|
|Parish:||LEXHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Farmhouse. Around 1800. Gault brick main wing, brick and flint service wing. Black pantile roofs. T-plan. Two storeys and three bay façade of sash windows with glazing bars beneath skewback arches.
For further information see (S1).
A. Cattermole (NLA), 3 March 2006.
(S2) states that there is an extant round house (animal engine house) of 1870 attached to the farmhouse. However (S3) shows immediately north of the house a building with the characteristic half-polygonal projection; but this building is no longer on current mapping. Has the engine house gone or were there two?
E. Rose (NLA), 28 November 2006.
- HORSE ENGINE HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FARMHOUSE (18th Century to 21st Century - 1800 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. |
|<S2>||*Verbal Communication: Wade-Martins, S.. unknown. [unknown]. |
|<S3>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1883. First edition six inch map. |
|<S4>||Archive: NIAS. Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society Records. |
Related records - none
Find out more...