|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Former Primitive Methodist Chapel|
This former Primitive Methodist chapel was built in 1856. It is now used as a garage. The building is made of flint with brick dressings and a pantile roof.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 05301 10990|
|Parish:||MATTISHALL, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Primitive Methodist chapel 1856, now garage.
February 1986. Listed, Grade II.
Flint, brick dressings, pantiles. East façade three bays divided by brick pilasters. Blocked entrance to one side with semi-circular head. Central modern entrance. Part blocked window with flat arch to left. Dentilled cornice, hipped roof.
See (S1) for the complete listing details.
E. Rose (NLA), 31 October 2005.
This chapel was superseded in 1900 (see NHER 58178).
Information from (S2).
M. Langham-Lopez (HES), 25 October 2012.
- NONCONFORMIST CHAPEL (19th Century - 1856 AD to 1900 AD)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (19th Century - 1856 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1077322. |
|<S2>||Monograph: Stell, C.. 2002. Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Eastern England. p 253. |
Related records - none
Find out more...