|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Old Rectory, Bilney Lane|
An 18th century brick house with a 19th century façade. The house was formerly used as a rectory.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 17045 17333|
|Parish:||FELTHORPE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
October 1984. Listed, Grade II.
Former rectory. 19th century on 18th century core.
Rendered brick, black pantiled roof. 2 storeys with two storey outshut at rear. South façade of 4 bays with three canted bays having moulded cornices, the outer bays wider. Oriel window to east. Ground floor windows have diagonal glazing bars in lattice pattern, and similar fanlight above offcentre door. The façade is an addition to the older house. Stepped gables, offcentre axial stack.
Details from (S1), which does not make it clear whether the stepped gables are part of the 19th century work or (as it may suggest) belong to the older house, in which case that may well be pre 18th century.
E. Rose (NLA), 24 January 2004.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- VICARAGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1170646. |
Related records - none
Find out more...