|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Fieldwalking as part of the STANTA Archaeological Survey recovered prehistoric worked flints, small quantities of Iron Age, Roman, medieval and post-medieval pottery and a medieval roof tile. The worked flints included part of a possible Late Upper Palaeolithic long blade and a Neolithic scraper.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 83045 92840|
|Parish:||LYNFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
18 December 2001. Fieldwalking. STANTA Survey (M5).
Undatable prehistoric flint flakes.
1 ?Late Upper Palaeolithic flint long blade.
1 Neolithic flint scraper.
1 Iron Age pottery sherd.
1 Roman pottery sherds
2 Late Saxon potttery sherds.
3 medieval sherds and post medieval pottery sherds.
1 medieval roof tile
Flints identified by P. Robins (NCM) and other objects by A. Rogerson (NLA). See file for detailed descriptions and finder's notes (S1). See published article (S2) for further information on the STANTA Survey.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 3 April 2002. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 26 November 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Upper Palaeolithic - 40000 BC to 10001 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- BLADE (Upper Palaeolithic - 40000 BC to 10001 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Davison, A.. 2002. STANTA ILMP Arable Survey. June. |
|<S2>||Article in Serial: Davison, A. and Cushion, B. 2005. An Archaeological Survey of the Stanford Training Area, 2000-2. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLIV Pt IV pp 602-616. p 613. |
Related records - none
Find out more...