|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal detecting recovered a medieval Venetian coin, a 14th century seal matrix with a motif of a man's face, a medieval lead disc, an unofficial early post medieval lead weight, a post medieval lead cloth seal and an early post medieval finger ring.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 05 10|
|Parish:||MATTISHALL, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
March/April 1993. Metal detecting finds.
Venetian soldino (galley halfpenny). Incomplete around 1400 to 1425. See list in file.
14th century bronze circular seal matrix; handle with projecting collar and pierced single suspension loop with iron link in it. Motif of man's face. Legend illegible.
Medieval lead disc with cast relief ornament with profile leaf in each 'space'.
Unofficial early post medieval lead weight; stamp on each face in sort of sun or star shape within a square. One face with upturned rim.
Early post medieval lead seal; one disc cloth seal with low relief cast motif W (over) XXVII.
Early post medieval finger ring, bronze, bezel in form of plain band with transverse grooves at each end and grooved shoulders.
Identified by J. Davies (NCM) and S. Margeson (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 7 June 1993.
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- DISC (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- SEAL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINGER RING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SEAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WEIGHT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...