|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman coin and Saxon box mount|
Metal detecting on this site recovered a halfpenny of Edward I and a Late Saxon half-barrel shaped foot or finial from a box.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 02 24|
|Parish:||BINTREE, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
August 1991. Metal detecting.
Halfpenny, probably Edward I
?Late Saxon half-barrel shaped foot or finial with hollow U-shaped slot on underside (with white 'paste') and trefoil terminal. Ribbed mouldings at other open end. See (S1).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 30 September 1991
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BOX (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- MOUNT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Photograph: FTX 26-7. |
Related records - none
Find out more...