|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Weavers Cottage, formerly Walnut House, Potthorpe|
A small 17th century flint and brick house, with a late 17th century extension which may have been used for an industrial purpose.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9468 2181|
|Parish:||BRISLEY, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Small house, originally only two rooms, one on each floor. The 17th century construction is of flint and brick, with a late 17th century brick extension, which may have been used for an industrial purpose. An east wing was added around 1830.
Good interior panelling, probably of a later date.
See (S1) and (S2).
E. Rose (NAU) 26 January 1984.
The owner reported that behind the modern ground floor fireplace he has found the remains of an arched brick fireplace with a wooden relieving bressumer above.
E. Rose (NAU).
- HOUSE (16th Century to 21st Century - 1600 AD? to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 591. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 1984. Building Report.. Building Report. |
|<S2>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1304906. |
Related records - none
Find out more...