|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Old French Church Farm|
The farm was given to the French Walloon Church in Norwich in 1730, explaining its unusual name. The present building is a 19th century red brick building and a stone porch to the west of the house is said to belong to the original farmhouse. This porch however resembles a 14th or 15th century church porch and may have been added to the 19th century farm at a later date.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 250 035|
|Parish:||CAISTOR ST EDMUND, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Medieval structure resembling a church porch attached to 19th century farmhouse.
E. Rose (NAU), 26 July 1983.
See (S2) for a history of the farm from 1730, when it was given to the French and Walloon Church in Norwich.
J. Allen (NLA), 1 August 2003.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 1999. [Sale advertisement for Old French Church Farm, Caistor St Edmund]. 1 February. |
|---||Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: E. Rose. 1983. Building Report.. Building Report. |
|<S2>||Article in Serial: Bellinger, R. 2001. French Church Farm, Caistor St Edmund. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLIII Pt IV pp 656-666. pp 656-666. |
Related records - none
Find out more...