|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Railway signal box, originally at Dereham|
This timber, weatherboarded signal box was originally located in Dereham on the Norwich Road crossing of the Wymondham to Wells line of the Great Eastern Railway (NHER 13588). It has been relocated here and is used as an architect's office.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 0550 1060|
|Parish:||MATTISHALL, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
A signal box from the Norwich Road crossing, East Dereham, of the Wymonham to Wells line of the Great Eastern Railway (NHER 13588).
It has been re-erected here as architect's office. No machinery remains, but it is a good timber weatherboarded structure. The signal box retains its original large upper windows, gable finials, etc.
Information from Norfolk Architects Association.
Location from S. Norton, (NAU).
E. Rose (NAU), 7 September 1982.
23 June 2006.
The signal box is to be sold.
M. Dennis (NLA), 23 June 2006.
- SIGNAL BOX (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2006. [Sale advertisements for one of the Dereham Railway signal boxes]. |
Related records - none
Find out more...