|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval tower mill|
This is the site of a tower mill shown on Bryant's map of 1826. The mill was last used in 1900 and was demolished in 1913. Metal detecting has been carried out on the site but no finds were recovered.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6228 0537|
|Parish:||WIMBOTSHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of wind mill.
Marked on (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 17 July 1980.
Last used 1900. Demolished 1913.
E. Rose (NLA), 24 March 1982.
November 1994. Metal detecting.
Area around NHER 16319 no finds.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 13 December 1994.
Windmill also marked on (S2).
E. Rose (NLA), November 2001.
- TOWER MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch.. |
|<S2>||Map: Bryant, A.. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk. |
Related records - none
Find out more...