Record Details

NHER Number:15948
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of Eastwood tower mill


This windmill is marked on Bryant's map of Norfolk made in 1826. The tower mill was last used in 1883.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 1209 0912
Map Sheet:TG10NW

Full description

Site of wind mill.
Marked on (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 27 March 1980.

A tower mill last used in 1883.
E. Rose (NAU) 22 March 1982.

However this is the site of Eastwood windmill as depicted on (S2).
E. Rose (NLA), May 2002.

Monument Types

  • TOWER MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch..
<S2>Map: Bryant, A.. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2022 Norfolk Historic Environment Service