Record Details

NHER Number:15231
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of post medieval windmill


The site of a windmill shown on Faden's map of 1797. The windmill was first recorded in 1753 and was last used about 1845.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 040 207
Map Sheet:TG02SW

Full description

Site of wind mill.
Marked on (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 7 September 1979.

Smock mill. First recorded 1753; last worked about 1845.
E. Rose (NAU), 29 January 1982.

Monument Types

  • WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2021 Norfolk Historic Environment Service