Record Details

NHER Number:13021
Type of record:Building
Name:Croft Farm, formerly Common Farm


This 18th century brick cottage has gable ends that contain much reused limestone ashlar blocks including window tracery. It is thought these are from St Mary's Church (NHER 4200).

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 8808 1385
Map Sheet:TF81SE

Full description

January 1976. Visit. Croft Farm, formerly Common Farm.
18th century brick cottage with gable ends containing much limestone ashlar blocks including window tracery and tooled stone. At least one piece zigzag. From demolished St Mary's Church?
A. Rogerson (NAU), January 1978.

25 May 1978. Visit. Now called Croft Farm.
Description confirmed; most worked material in south gable, including south wall of rear outshut which has a 19th century brick west wall. Does this indicate material brought from elsewhere at that date?
E. Rose (NAU), 25 May 1978.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds

  • ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service