|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||New Receiver Building and associated masts, Former RAF Coltishall (Buildings 375 and 415)|
The UHF/VHF receiver building is on the north-western boundary of the airfield, and beside it is a steel and timber mast.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2732 2290|
|Parish:||SCOTTOW, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
This brick structure with a pitched roof dates from 1939. The associated masts may be more modern.
A. Cattermole (HES), 26 June 2013.
According to (S1) the receiver building is much later than 1939 and replaces an earlier one constructed in 1962 which was similar to the old transmitting building (NHER 59210) which is still extant.
A. Cattermole (HES), 10 September 2013.
- RADIO MAST (World War Two to 21st Century - 1939 AD? to 2006 AD?)
- RADIO TELEGRAPHY STATION (World War Two to 21st Century - 1939 AD? to 2006 AD?)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Francis, P.. 2013. RAF Coltishall. A Historical Appraisal. p 97. |
|7697||Part of: RAF Coltishall (Monument)|