|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Post medieval windmill|
The tower milll that stands here was first recorded in 1826 and was last in use in 1908. The cap underwent restoration in 2000, as part of a programme to renovate and conserve this fine building.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2005 4229|
|Parish:||RUNTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
A tower mill first marked by (S1). Last used 1908.
E. Rose (NAU) 23 March 1982.
Press cutting (S1) and architect's plans (S2) in file.
Cap restored 2000.
E. Rose (NLA) 5 May 2000.
- WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TG 24 SW 19. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2000. That caps it all for this landmark of Norfolk history. 3 May. |
|---||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2001. Restoration work at mill capped with award. 18 September. |
|<S1>||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 1994. [Sale advertisement for East Runton windmill]. 23 September. |
|<S2>||Illustration: Various. Various. Architectural plans. |
Related records - none
Find out more...