|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Abbey Farmhouse, The Street|
A 17th century two storey coursed flint farmhouse, partly built over the ruins of the Augustinian priory, with 19th century additions and other alterations.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 11152 43049|
|Parish:||WEYBOURNE, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
September 1987. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description Excerpt:
"Farmhouse partly built over ruins of former Augustinian Priory.
17th century with early 19th century addition. 17th century range of galletted whole flint, pantiles; three bays. Two storeys, chimney bay to east with high gable parapet, renewed shaft, stack removed."
Information from (S1).
Please consult the National Heritage List for England (S1) for the current listing details.
P. Aldridge (NLA), 1 September 2006. Amended by P. Beers (HES), 10 January 2020.
Verbal correspondance from a previous occupant of the house (S2) states that a child's shoe and some stone carved heads were found in the rear medieval flint wall.
H. White, (NLA), 2 September 2009
- DAIRY (16th Century to 21st Century - 1600 AD to 2100 AD)
- FARMHOUSE (16th Century to 21st Century - 1600 AD to 2100 AD)
- WALLED GARDEN (18th Century to 19th Century - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 722. |
|<S1>||Designation: Historic England. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1152509. |
|<S2>||*Verbal Communication: 2009. Verbal communication from Weybourne History group. |
|6278||Part of: All Saints' Church and ruins of Weybourne Priory of the Blessed Virgin and All Saints (Monument)|
Find out more...