|Type of record:||Building|
This gault brick farmhouse dates to 1798 according to a datestone set in the south gable. It stands two storeys high with a pantiled roof and sash windows. The central wooden doorcase has pilasters with a rectangular fanlight set into the door itself. A single story outhsut stands to the rear.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 7136 4100|
|Parish:||RINGSTEAD, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
September 1984. Listed, Grade II.
Farmhouse dates to 1798. It is built from Gault brick with a smut pantiled roof to the west and red pantiled roof to east. It has two storeys and three bays. West front with two ground and three first floor sashes with glazing bars under flat rubbed brick arches. Central wooden doorcase architrave with pilasters entablature and pediment, six panel raised and fielded door with rectangular fanlight above with glazing bars. Slightly recessed additional bay to north with one ground floor casement with glazing bars and one first floor sash with glazing bars, both under flat rubbed brick arches. Wooden eaves cornice, coped parapet gables with end stacks and off centre ridge stack. South gable with date stone 'JP 1798'. Single storey outshut rear with central two storey gable.
Information from (S1).
- FARMHOUSE (18th Century to 21st Century - 1798 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1342271. |
Related records - none
Find out more...