|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi period metal object scatter|
In 2005 metal detectorists found multi-period metal objects. These included Roman brooches, a Roman/Early Saxon strap fitting, a Middle Saxon strap fitting, a Middle/Late Saxon strap end and a medieval coin.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 72 42|
|Parish:||HOLME NEXT THE SEA, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|RINGSTEAD, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|THORNHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
25 and 26 September 2004. Metal-detecting.
Rally site, area centred at . No other details of provenance.
One medieval coin.
Roman, Roman/Early Saxon, Middle Saxon and Late Saxon metal objects.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 1 March 2006.
Probably from same field as NHER 40974 and 41091 (finds recorded as having been recovered during a rally in this area at the same time)?
P. Watkins (HES), 6 December 2016.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman to Early Saxon - 43 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon to Late Saxon - 651 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Roman to Early Saxon - 43 AD to 650 AD)
- STRAP END (Middle Saxon to Late Saxon - 651 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (12th Century to 13th Century - 1189 AD to 1205 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NLA. Finds Photograph. |
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...