|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman and medieval to post-medieval finds|
Metal-detecting in 2005 and 2013 recovered medieval coins, a post-medieval jetton and Roman and medieval to post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include a Roman copper alloy figurine; a medieval strap-end; a medieval/post-medieval copper alloy vessel fragment and cauldron handle and a post medieval strap fitting, buckle and crotal bells.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23 20|
|Parish:||HAINFORD, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
Before 6 September 2005. Metal detecting.
Roman figurine (S1).
Medieval and post medieval metal objects.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 14 October 2005.
January-October 2013. Metal-detecting. Site extended to the north and west. .
2 medieval coins.
1 post-medieval jetton and a buckle.
Information from PAS import.
See finder's map in file.
A. Beckham (HES), 2 June 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FIGURINE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- CAULDRON (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRAP END (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- VESSEL (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (14th Century - 1307 AD to 1310 AD)
- COIN (14th Century - 1310 AD to 1333 AD)
- CROTAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- JETTON (16th Century - 1550 AD to 1584 AD)
- BUCKLE (17th Century - 1620 AD to 1680 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Gibbons, J.. 2005. Drawing of a Roman figurine.. Film. 2:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...