|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Cropmarks of possible Bronze Age ring ditches and undated features|
A 1977 aerial photograph shows the cropmarks of ring ditches and field boundaries.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 29508 34587|
|Parish:||KNAPTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|TRUNCH, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Cropmarks of field boundaries (presumably part of a field system), trackways and ring ditches are visible to the north and south of Knapton road on NLA oblique aerial photographs (S1). The ring ditches might represent the remains of Bronze Age round barrows or prehistoric roundhouses.
S. Tremlett (NLA), 18 November 2004.
- FIELD BOUNDARY (Unknown date)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Unknown date)
- RING DITCH (Unknown date)
- TRACKWAY (Unknown date)
- RING DITCH (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- ROUND HOUSE (DOMESTIC)? (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- RING DITCH (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- ROUND BARROW? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Oblique Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.A. (NLA). 1977. NHER TG 2934J-K (NLA 52/AKJ19-20) 30-JUL-1977. |
Related records - none
Find out more...