|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi period metal object scatter|
Metal detecting at this location in 2002 recovered a range of multi period metal objects. These included a medieval penny of Edward I, a Middle or Late Saxon strap end with a debased animal head decoration and a post medieval sewing ring.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 71 41|
|Parish:||RINGSTEAD, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
October/November 2002. Metal detecting.
Two medieval coins.
Middle Saxon/Late Saxon strap-end.
Post medieval thimble.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 9 December 2002.
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon to 19th Century - 651 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- THIMBLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: 2002. KTM 26, Late saxon strapend.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...