|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Late Iron Age, Roman, medieval and post-medieval finds|
Metal-detecting in 2000 and between 2015 and 2016 recovered Late Iron Age and medieval coins; a post-medieval jetton and Roman and post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include Roman brooches and a post-medieval finger ring.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||Not displayed|
|Parish:||ROCKLANDS, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Roman copper alloy brooch, of indeterminate type due to severe corrosion. The bow is dolphin-like, but the pin attachment lug and wings are both missing, as is the catchplate. Length 35.5mm. Probably 1st century AD.
Identified by T. J. Pestell (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 21 December 2001.
December 2015-July 2016. Metal-detecting. .
1 Late Iron Age coin.
1 medieval coin.
1 post-medieval jetton and a finger ring.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 4 November 2016.
- FINDSPOT (Late Iron Age - 100 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Late Iron Age - 60 BC to 20 BC)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 65 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1204 AD to 1209 AD)
- JETTON (16th Century - 1562 AD to 1586 AD)
- FINGER RING (16th Century to 18th Century - 1600 AD to 1800 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...