|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||East Dereham Royal Observer Corps Post|
This Royal Observer Corps post opened in December 1958, and was closed in October 1968. A report in 2001 suggested that it was externally complete, although the interior was burnt out and had no ladder. An Orlit B post remains nearby.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9991 0947|
|Parish:||WHINBURGH AND WESTFIELD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Royal observer corps post.
Opened December 1958 closed October 1968. Externally complete, interior burnt out and no ladder. Orlit B nearby. See (S1).
E. Rose (NLA), July 2000.
- ORLIT POST (Mid 20th Century to Late 20th Century - 1958 AD to 1968 AD)
- ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS SITE (Mid 20th Century to Late 20th Century - 1958 AD to 1968 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Article in Serial: Catford, N.. 1999. Royal Observer Corps Underground Posts in Norfolk.. Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society Journal. Vol 6, no 4, pp 59-70. pp 59ff. |
Related records - none
Find out more...