|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval and post medieval metal finds|
Metal detecting in 1998 recovered a medieval heraldic stud, a medieval coin and a post medieval jetton and cauldron foot.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 28 29|
|NORTH WALSHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1998. Metal detecting.
One medieval coin and one post medieval jetton.
Medieval heraldic stud. Identified by S. J. Ashley (NLA).
Post medieval cauldron foot.
See descriptions and (S1) in file.
P. Aldridge (NLA), 24 November 2006.
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CAULDRON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- JETTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Ashley, S. 2002. Medieval Armorial Horse Furniture in Norfolk. East Anglian Archaeology. No 101. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Finds Illustrations. |
Related records - none
Find out more...