Record Details

NHER Number:33499
Type of record:Building
Name:Church Cottages


An early 17th century two storey timber framed house, now contained within a row of terraced cottages. Number 1 is what was originally the hall, or living room. Number 2 and part of Number 3 are what was the parlour.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 0330 0714
Map Sheet:TG00NW

Full description

Timber framed house now within terrace of cottages.
Early 17th century, former three cell two storey house with offcentre stack and attic above parlour cell. Good parlour fireplace.
Service cell removed. No.1 is what was the hall, Nos 2 and part of No.3 are what was the parlour; remainder are 19th century additions. Roof replaced.
See full report (S1) in file.
E.Rose (NLA), 9 March 1998.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Secondary File: Secondary File.
<S1>Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 1998. Building Report.. Building Report.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2021 Norfolk Historic Environment Service