Record Details

NHER Number:32292
Type of record:Building
Name:Fox and Hounds Public House


A mid to late 17th century timber framed pub. Its east end is an 18th century addition and it has a 19th century brick façade.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 0685 1782
Map Sheet:TG01NE

Full description

Timber framed building of two cells on two storeys, with original west gable stack and probably an east gable stack, now offcentre to the building. Date probably mid to late 17th century; mentioned as Fox alehouse in 1743. East end apparently an 18th century addition; façade of 19th century brick.
Attached cottage of about 1700 with brick façade.
See report (S1) in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 30 January 1997.

NGR corrected from original TG 0685 1783.
M. Horlock (NLA), 25 March 2003.

Monument Types

  • INN (17th Century to 21st Century - 1650 AD to 2100 AD)
  • PUBLIC HOUSE (17th Century to 21st Century - 1650 AD to 2100 AD)
  • STABLE (17th Century to 19th Century - 1650 AD? to 1900 AD?)
  • TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (17th Century to 21st Century - 1650 AD to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Secondary File: Secondary File.
<S1>Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 1997. Building Report. Building Report.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2021 Norfolk Historic Environment Service