Record Details

NHER Number:17882
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of Winfarthing Great Park medieval deer park


This is the site of a medieval deer park, which was the property of the Earl of Arundel and is recorded as still having deer as late as 1604.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TM 113 859
Map Sheet:TM18NW

Full description

Site of deer park.
Boundary as suggested by field boundaries shown on 6 inch Ordnance Survey map. Compare with Park Farm at centre.
'Winfarthing Great Park was full of deer as late as 1604 and was the property of the Earl of Arundel' (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 25 January 1982.

Monument Types

  • DEER PARK (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD?)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Monograph: Cromwell, T.. 1818. Excursions through Norfolk.

Related records

32795Part of: Site of Winfarthing Hall or Manor (Monument)

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service