Record Details

NHER Number:17371
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of post medieval brickworks


According to a 1926 map a brickworks existed here. A later map of 1957 marked the works as derelict. The area is now mostly wooded but large brick pits and a 19th century brick house are still visible.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TM 243 992
Map Sheet:TM29NW

Full description

Site of brick works.
Marked as active on 1926 6in Ordnance Survey.
'Works' (apparently derelict) on 1957 map.
Now overgrown area.
E. Rose (NAU)12 June 1981.

Mostly wooded. Large brick pits, dry. One 19th century brick house, many modern buildings at southeast corner. Not investigated in detail.
E. Rose (NAU) 21 October 1982.

Monument Types

  • BRICKWORKS (Post Medieval to Mid 20th Century - 1540 AD to 1957 AD)
  • HOUSE (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service