|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Soilmark of ring ditch and human remains|
Two adjacent circular soilmarks, possibly dating to the Bronze Age, were recorded in 1944. Pieces of burnt human bone were found on the site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 774 141|
|Parish:||NARFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1944 (reported 1981).
Two adjacent circular soilmarks. 30.5m (100 ft) from road, 42.7m (140 ft) from north boundary.
A = 32 paces diameter, ditch 6 paces wide (sic.).
Burnt material and pieces of bone found on surface. Identified by the Pitt-Rivers Museum as part of the shaft of a left humerus and two parts of the shaft of a left tibia, all human.
B = 25 paces diameter, ditch 3 ft wide, 25 paces southwest of A.
E. Rose (NAU) 2 February 1981.
- RING DITCH (Unknown date)
- RING DITCH (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...