|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint tools, from Ponder's and Washpit Farms|
During the period 1970-74 a collection of prehistoric flint tools were recovered from the surface of fields belonging to these two farms. Find types comprised arrowheads, scrapers, pounders and axeheads.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 822 189|
|Parish:||ROUGHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1970-4. Surface finds. From Westacre Breck, Ponders and Washpit Farms
Collection not seen because not kept separate and not necessarily all retained.
9 April 1971.
Arrowhead leaf (25A).
14 January 1973.
Miscellaneous tools (5-10m).
9 February 1973.
Miscellaneous tools (55-6m).
5 April 1973.
14 April 1973 (27-31d).
16 February 1974.
Arrowheads (44A), finder .
Miscellaneous tools (2-3i).
Broken axe (46C).
31 August 1974.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- HAMMERSTONE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- KNIFE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...