|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint tools|
During the period 1971-73 a selection of prehistoric flint tools were recovered from the field surface here. Finds included scrapers, arrowheads, a 'spearhead', an 'agricultural implement' and an axehead.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 827 197|
|Parish:||ROUGHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1971-73. Surface finds. From Eight and Twenty Acres Field.
Collection not seen because not kept separate and not necessarily all retained.
21 July 1971.
14 August 1971.
Arrowhead fragment (24K).
4 September 1971.
17 February 1973.
17 March 1973.
Scraper (24b), (37-8b).
Miscellaneous tool (35m).
5 April 1973.
'Agricultural implement' (19L).
Axe (4B), finder 1.
13 April 1973.
17 April 1973.
E. Rose (NAU) 20 January 1981.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- SPEAR (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...